Frequently Asked Questions about the data plotting library DISLIN.
Maintainer: Helmut Michels
This FAQ is an attempt to answer some frequently asked questions about the data plotting library DISLIN. Please read through this list before posting a query to the author of DISLIN.
- What is DISLIN?
- Where can I get DISLIN?
- What is the current version of DISLIN?
- In which language is DISLIN written?
- Which systems and compilers are supported?
- Is the source code of DISLIN available?
- What are the current prices of DISLIN?
- Is there a discussion group for DISLIN users?
- Can I plot directly on the screen?
- How can I get a white background on the screen?
- How can I change the graphs background colour?
- How can I increase the resolution of image files?
- How can I increase the quality of PNG files?
- Can I use DISLIN as a viewer for PostScript files?
- Can I use DISLIN as a viewer for TIFF files?
- Can I import DISLIN PostScript files into TeX?
- What is the best output format for importing DISLIN graphics into MS-Word?
- How would I draw ticks inward rather than outward?
- Can I plot multiple axis systems on one page?
- How can I create a DIN A3 PostScript or PDF file?
- How can I plot indices in DISLIN?
- How can I plot Greek letters in axis titles?
- How can I reset automatic scaling?
- How can I port old DISSPLA programs to DISLIN?
- How can I use TrueType fonts in an X11 window on Linux?
- Error while reading 'DISLIN' module
- Access violation with Fortran 90 and DISLIN routines
- LINK: cannot open file LIBC.lib
- Cannot find libXm.so.3
- How can I use DISLIN for Intel Visual Fortran from MS Visual Studio?
- How can I use DISLIN for MingW from the C-Free IDE?
- How can I use DISLIN from the Bloodshed Dev-C++ IDE?
- How can I use DISLIN with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition?
- How can I use DISLIN with Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Express Edition?
- How can I use DISLIN with Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2019/2022?
- How can I use DISLIN from the Netbeans IDE for C on Linux?
- How can I use DISLIN from the Netbeans IDE for C on Windows?
- How can I use DISLIN with Simply Fortran on Windows?
- How can I use DISLIN from R on Linux?
- wfl386 link problem of DISLIN and OpenWatcom 1.9
28. July 2023
Bug fix for the X11 distributions
22. July 2023
25. April 2023
Support for Linux 64-bit on IBM z series
30. October 2022
Support for MingW 64-bit UCRT runtime environment
28. September 2022
15. March 2022
15. March 2021
Support for Free Pascal 64-bit on Windows
22. July 2020
28. June 2020
19. May 2020
DISLIN Book Version 11 is available
8. March 2017